Spring 2016 is officially here! And with the clocks rolled forward one hour, it means we have no more excuses to do what needs to be done. Menlo Park Ace Hardware, Burlingame Ace Hardware, and Handy Handyman Hardware have all the tools and gear you need to tackle any project on your to-do list. Our stores specialize in the best gardening tools and plants, a great paint selection to bring some new color to your home, and home experts that are here to guide you in the right direction. Our Menlo Park Ace Hardware location features the latest gardening tools, a large selection of organic soil products, and a wide variety of vegetables and flowers to have your garden colorful today. Our San Francisco location, Handy Handyman Ace Hardware has the largest selection paint products and tools to tackle any job in your home or office.
With Easter this weekend, maybe you are one of the many trying to put a quick facelift on your outdoor and entertaining spaces. This article will feature quick tips to spruce up your home for holiday guests, that won’t break the bank and are sure to make lasting impressions this holiday weekend. We will also feature a couple recommended products for your Spring Cleaning and some local events to take the family to this Easter weekend.
Featured Product of the Month: Espoma Organic Soil and Plant Product Line
For over 80 years, Espoma has been providing the highest quality natural lawn and garden products. They have a huge selection of organic soil and plant foods that help your vegetables and potted plants be as healthy as they can be. If you are starting from a seedling, they have a great product called Organic Seed Starter that is packed with the nutrients to give your plant the kick start. If you have a vegetable garden or flowers in a raised planter bed or individual pots, their Organic Vegetable and Flower Garden Soil is perfect for your next project. Their website offers a bunch of information on their products and great information to learn to grow or just improve your knowledge a little further. Menlo Park Ace Hardware is proud to now offer Espoma Organic Soil products in our garden section. Give us a call today or visit our location to learn more.
Five Easy Household To-do’s that can make a big difference this Spring
- Plant a small vegetable garden in the front or backyard to be able to eat and share the “fruits” of your labor with family and neighbors. Food always tastes so much better when you grow it yourself.
- Paint your front door. Nothing stands out more than a nicely painted front door. A couple quick coats of paint and some new hardware can make a big difference in curb appeal.
- Trim overgrowth. A light trimming of bushes and trees can make a big difference on the inside and outside of your home. Cutting back overgrown areas can not only tidy things up, but allow more natural light to come into your home.
- Clean those dirty windows. Grab the Windex, some towels, and clean the inside and outside of your windows and screens. With the windy and rainy winter we had, the windows and screens collect quite a bit of dirt and grunge. A couple wipes with a towel, or a newspaper and good cleaner, and your home will look better and clearer from the inside out.
- Create a small outdoor area to enjoy the great weather. A few chairs and a fire pit in the backyard can turn space into a social gathering spot and good times for all.
Menlo Park Community Events:
Burgess Park Egg Hunt
Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:00 am to Noon
Each year the Easter Bunny visits the Burgess Park with toys and candy filled eggs for girls and boys ages 8 and under. The Burgess Egg Hunt festivities start with bounce houses, crafts, and pictures with the Bunny. Be sure not to miss photo opportunities with the fire trucks and maybe take a ride on “Old Tom”, an antique fire engine. Activities are co-sponsored by the Menlo Park Firefighters Association and Menlo Park Fire District.
Kelly Park Egg Hunt
Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:00 am to Noon
Since 2009, the Egg Hunt at Kelly Park has delighted the residents with crafts, a jelly bean guess, magic show, music, and photo opportunities with the Easter Bunny! Bring the family and enjoy a fun-filled morning as the kids scramble for plastic eggs filled with goodies. Activities are co-sponsored by Fire Station 77 and the Menlo Park Fire District. The Kelly Park Egg Hunt is coordinated by the staff of the Onetta Harris Community Center.
Burlingame Local Events:
Burlingame Easter Brunch
Burlingame Easter Brunch and a visit from the Easter Bunny March 27, 2016 at Burlingame Hilton. Three seatings: 10 a.m. 12Noon, 2 p.m. more information visit their website here
Event includes Easter Bunny, Balloon Artist and Live Entertainment
Lions Club Pancake Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt
At the Lion’s Club Baseball field on March 27th (cost: $7 adult, $4 child), Egg Hunt is free. The event begins with a pancake breakfast then on to the fun. The egg hunt begins with the toddlers at 9am, and moves up in age group from there. Over 4,000 chocolate eggs have been supplied by Preston’s Candy and Ice Cream, for kids to find and gather up into their baskets. Local artist and face painter, Twinkie Dee Star, will be offering face painting for the children, or even the young at heart.